Monday 29 September 2014

Andrew McGibbon

I have chosen to look at Andrew McGibbon from my list because I find his work very unique and creative. 

Andrew McGibbon was born in South Africa in 1981. He Is an editorial and commercial photographer, now based In London. He values colour and imagination.




I like this photo because of the simplicity and the contrast in colour. I also like the bubbles and the kind of texture they create. The bright, patterned seahorse contrasts massively against the plain white background which really makes it stand out. 



The idea of this photo is very creative and unique. I like it because it is different, and not something that is commonly photographed. I also like how the man's shirt and the background is plain white, so that the focus is on the content of the image, and not on colour. 


I like this photo and how it relates to McGibbons value of imagination. I like how dark colours are used for the background however the girl's outfit is bright and colourful to create contrast. It shows both colour and depth. I also like the effort that has been put into this photo with the outfit and makeup, to create a mysterious, unique and imaginary character.



This photo is very unique and abstract which is what I like about it. The background turns the simple photo of the snake into something a lot more interesting and creative. The colours all contrast against each other, and the photo clearly shows the formal element of colour. 

After looking at the work of Andrew McGibbon, I feel like I want to use my creativity and experiment with abstract photography. I also want to include very contrasting colours like Andrew as, in order to draw attention. 

McGibbon's work has influenced me to experiment with contrast in my photography. I quite liked the unique photo of the woman in a forest in a top hat, and liked how she stood out due to the colour editing, so I did a couple of selective colour edits and quite liked the effect. 

A while after first discovering his photography, I still quite enjoy McGibbon's work, as it is very varied which shows he has skill in more than one area of photography. I also like the fact that as well as unusual abstract photography, he also does more original portraiture and animal photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment