Thursday 11 December 2014

Work Diary - Multiple Imagery

Evaluation

This was the first time I had tried multiple imagery and I quite enjoyed taking the images and creating the multiple image. I tried to make all of the images I used in my multiple image quite similar in terms of content and composition so that when they were put together the full result will look very effective and this benefitted my work. I liked how I was able to rearrange the images in the order that I preferred and was able to edit the images all together rather than separately so that they would all look even. I am happy with the result of my multiple Image and think that it is some of my best photography so far.

If I had to point out a negative of this task I would say that sometimes it was hard to make all of the images similar in composition, and sometimes It was difficult to think of a large variation of images to take, but despite this I enjoyed the task.


This was my first attempt of multiple imagery. I took pictures standing in various different locations. This works so well because of the obvious contrast between each different type of floor. I enhanced the colours to make them more vibrant in order to improve the contrast. In some of the images contrast can be seen in a different way, as my dark shoes contrast against lighter backgrounds so the shape of my shoes can be clearly seen. Lines are visible in many of the individual image, in the form of floor tiles, benches of painted lines on the floor. I think this works quite effectively. The only negative of this image in my opinion is that it was hard to get my feet in the exact same position, so they look different in each picture. Although this is only a small detail of the whole picture, I feel that the image would have been improved if my feet were in the exact same position in each image.


Progression

I wanted to try some more multiple imagery as I found it quite enjoyable, and I wanted to try one with only 9 images in. I looked through my pictures from walk 3 and I thought that I could make quite a good multiple image out of them, which would give a sense of adventure and nature. I much prefer this image to the first one I had tried, mainly because these individual images are all taken at different angles and of various different places or objects, whereas the individual images in the first one are all taken at the same angle and have similar content. A lot of lines are visible in this image in the form of benches, and trees, and it also includes a lot of natural colours like greens and browns. This adds to the natural feel of the overall image, and I enhanced these colours for this reason. I am very happy with this image and think it is one of my best images overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment