Saturday 29 November 2014

Work Dairy - Walk 2

Evaluation

I really enjoyed walk two as I was not limited to the college grounds and could take a large variation of images. I also liked how there were 3 things to shoot; sense of journey, autumn colours and back of heads, as this enabled me to have more to look for rather than one specific formal element. There were many opportunities to take autumnal images as we walked through many paths surrounded by trees and also passed some forest, so the majority of my images were of autumn colours. The walk gave the opportunity to also take better back of head images as there was a larger variation of backgrounds I could have used, for example a lake or a road. This resulted in some interesting images. I enjoyed taking sense of journey images and found that these were not difficult to take in this area, as I walked past roads, paths, benches and bus stops. I liked editing the images I had taken and tried to adjust the colour in order to bing out the autumn tones like oranges and reds, and this really benefitted some of my images and made it more apparent that they were autumn images.

There were not many negatives to this walk, however if I have to point one out I'd say that most of my autumn colours images looked the same, as I motly took pictures of trees and leaves for this, however I still ended up with very varied back of head and sense of journey images.



I really like this image i had taken during walk 2, as the background had slightly blurred while the back of the head is focused. I made sure the back of head was not central so that the scenery could be focused on. I really like the reflection and highlights in the lake, and also the lines in the photo, in the form of the bench and the outline of the river. This is different to my other back of head images, as the background contains a lot of content, whereas my other back of head photos have had a relatively plain background like a wall or a bush.



This picture would have been better if the camera had focused on the berries rather than the leaves around it, as their colour stands out against the leaves. Despite this, I like how the berries are not central so that we are able to see the different colours of the leaves in the background. I like how the red colour contrasts against the green colour in the leaves. 

Progression

If I were to go on another walk taking back of head, autum colours, and sense of journey images, I would want to explore a range of different areas for some really varied images, especially for sense of journey. I would try to take a larger variety of images for autumn colours as I struggled to think of different ideas for this and so ended up with a lot of similar images.

The picture below is an example of journey photography, and I would quite like to take photos similar to this. Most of my journey photography did not actually include people, as I just took pictures of objects which implied a journey such as sign posts and pathways. After looking at this image I think I could have created better journey images if I included people in them as this makes the journey aspect clearer, and the fact that they are walking away from the camera also does this. The tunnel is effective as we do not know what is on the other side, or where this person is heading. In this picture, a sense of mystery is also created as we cannot see the persons face but I like that about it. This image has inspired my to take more sense of journey imagery but including people, as this works more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment